The Denison Historic Preservation Board will discuss the request for a variance to the city’s sign ordinance during a meeting at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. The Board received a request for a variance that would allow for signs advertising free Wi-fi hotspots in Heritage and Pocket Parks to be placed around the downtown district. The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers of City Hall, located at 500 W. Chestnut St. in Denison.
Other items that will be discussed include:
• adding signage to a business located at 513 W. Main;
• adding signage to a business located at 411 W. Main;
• adding a black awning, fencing, a carport and signage to a business located at 428 and 430 W. Main;
• adding signage to a restaurant located at 130 E. Woodard;
• a report on a variance request of the Denison sign ordinance to allow the placement of ornamental flags throughout downtown.