Space heater causes Denison house fire


Tuesday morning, a Denison woman and her two children were able to escape a fire in their house caused by a space heater.

The Denison Fire Department received a call around 9:30 a.m. reporting a house fire in the 1100 block of W. Shepherd Street, said Assistant Fire Chief Bill Ray. Firefighters gained control of the fire in about 15 minutes. A woman and her two children were in the house when the fire started and escaped without injury.

The fire started with a space heater and was mostly contained to one bedroom, Ray said. Other parts of the house, however, sustained smoke and heat damage.

 

Rules for posting comments