Police reports

Grayson Sheriff

Burglary — On Jan. 2 at approximately 8 a.m., Deputy J. Soto responded to a construction site at the intersection of FM 691 and FM131 where there was a report of a vehicle had been burglarized at the site. The complainant told Soto he reported to work that morning and observed that a work truck had been burglarized. He said that an air compressor and other equipment had been taken from the back of the vehicle. Other items taken include a grey oxygen tank, a 3-foot yellow acetone tank, cutting torch, nozzle, gauge and hose, red 4-gallon air tank along with a Honda GTX motor and three tool boxes filled with tools. The total loss is estimated to exceed $1,500.

Burglary — On Jan. 2 at 10:30 a.m., Deputy J. Soto responded to a residence located in the 5000 block of FM 120 near Denison on a report that a barn had been burglarized and trailer was also stolen from that location. The complainant said, while she was placing her Christmas decorations inside the garage she noticed that the front door was not locked. Once she entered the garage, she noticed that several items were missing from inside the garage. She said she also noticed that a trailer was taken from the property; the trailer was black with rails and a large back tailgate/ramp-type door. The following items were taken from the garage: a red, Troy Built 7000-watt generator; a red, Honda 3500-watt generator; a black, 200-gallon compressor of an unknown brand; a multi-colored, two seat, older go-kart; a black Yurf Dog go-kart; a Troy Built Rototiller; and a Honda 50cc 4-wheeler.

Theft of a check — On Jan. 2, Deputy Matt Whitworth investigated a walk-in report in reference to a theft of a check and possible forgery of a financial instrument. The victim said a check had been stolen from his mailbox; the check was for an insurance claim. The man said he never received the check, which had been cashed in Tulsa, Okla. An investigation is ongoing.

Arson — On Jan. 2, Deputy James Scott received a call of a vehicle pushed off the road and burned on Choctaw Bottom Road between Elmore Road and Crabtree Lane outside of Bells. He found a 2004 grey over black Ford F-250 4x4 Crew Cab Pickup that appeared to have been pushed off the road in an attempt to push it into the creek. The vehicle appeared to have stuck on a large cement block while being pushed and would go no further. The vehicle then either caught on fire or was set on fire. The vehicle was not reported stolen, the owner was contacted and he said he knew who had the vehicle last. The Grayson County Fire Investigator was called to the scene to investigate the possible arson.

Driving while intoxicated — On Jan. 3, Deputy J. Soto observed a vehicle traveling east on FM 121 that was over the center lane divider and almost hit another vehicle. He activated his emergency lights and attempted to initiate a traffic stop. The vehicle continued driving for what appeared to be a mile or so. He began to activate his air horn and siren, but the vehicle continued to drive east and did not yield or stop, police reports say. The vehicle came to a stop at a bridge approximately three miles west of FM 2729. The vehicle began to pull onto the shoulder, but then pulled back into the roadway. The vehicle once again began to pull towards the shoulder, but left the rear of the vehicle on the eastbound lane. The female driver was identified. The driver appeared extremely confused and disoriented, according to the police report. The deputy observed that the driver had a large amount of a reddish liquid on her shirt. She told Soto that she had spilled taco sauce while eating. She was asked to exit the vehicle, which she did. She was asked to do several field sobriety tests, and according to the report she failed. She refused to take a breath test and was taken to the hospital for a blood test. She was arrested for driving while intoxicated and taken to the Grayson County Jail.

Theft — On Jan. 3, Deputy Scott received a call of a theft of property in the 1700 block of East Cedar Road outside of Sherman. The complainant stated he left his residence on Dec. 27 around 10 a.m. When he returned around 6 p.m. Dec. 29, he noticed a trailer was missing. It is a 16-foot, red, flatbed trailer, with 2-inch steel pipe rails, a black wood floor and tail gate, square fencing between the floor and rails, and 4-foot ramps mounted on the sides in front of the fenders. The trailer is valued at $1,500 and has tie down anchors in each corner of the floor.