I was looking for something else when I found this. Actually, what follows is a series of quotations that could go on cards or signs. I copied them out of various Facebook entries. And I liked them.
• Ever notice how people who tell you to calm down are the ones who got you mad in the first place?
• If people were meant to pop out of bed, we’d all sleep in toasters.
• If I offended you with my opinion, you should hear the ones I keep to myself.
• You can’t scare me. I have children.
• A mother understands what a child does not say.
• If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
• Warning: I have character defects and I’m not afraid to use them.
• Prejudice is a lazy man’s substitute for thought.
• I’ve learned so much from my mistakes, I’m thinking of making a few more.
• I have a life outside of Facebook, but I don’t remember the password for it.
• I do many things well, none of which generate income.
• Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.
• I’ll take care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
• If things get better with age, then I’m approaching magnificent.
• It took a lot of willpower, but I finally gave up dieting.
• The proper response to “Good morning” is “prove it.
Happy “Valentine’s Day” birthday to Jackie Cowart of Tom Bean; Eloise Ruth Prince, Paul Carter, Gavin Higgins, Etta Patterson, Bobby Martin, Hunter Bounds and Chris Stevenson, all of Sherman; Bart Ford, Kenajah Bryant, Victor Hayden and Jan Cravey, all of Denison; Ray Prestage of Whitesboro; Emily Boyd of Howe; W.D. Jackson of California; Chadsidy Sanders of Washington; Victoria Morrow and Darlene Ross, both of Bonham; Mathew Stevenson of Pottsboro; Brad Webster of Irving.
Happy “Valentine’s Day” anniversary to Bob and Jean Deffibaugh of Sherman, 65 years; Billy and Ervie Wallace of Sherman, 42 years; Don and Lola West of Sherman, 37 years; Max and Shari Hutton Duncan of Sherman, 37 years; Billy and Katherine Easter of Denison, 32 years; Steve and Cheryl Robinson of Sherman, 25 years;Kim and Deborah Hicks of Denison, 25 years; Allen and Mary Valentine, 20 years;Kevin and Antoinette Mitchell of Sherman, 15 years; Stoney and Marie Wood of Savoy, 14 years; Reggie and Monica Spearman of Sherman, 10 years; James and Becky Actor of Denison, 10 years; Homer and Karen Howard of Denison.